Reverse-Living Modern Home with ADU
Location: Bend, Oregon
This dramatic modern design combines Net-Zero Energy with stunning spaces and captures breathtaking mountain views from Mt. Bachelor to Mount Hood. In this reverse-living design, the bedrooms are on the main floor and the living and entertainment spaces make up the second floor to capture the views. This contemporary home showcases modern materials with a unique flair. Featuring simple forms and clean geometric lines, this contemporary design fits today’s lifestyle while showcasing innovative materials with an updated and distinctly modern feel.
2159 sq. feet
439 sq. feet ADU
The young family we built this home for has timeless taste. They selected beautiful handmade tiles for all three bathrooms – each in a different color palette of blues and greens influenced by the natural beauty of Central Oregon surrounding this breathtaking home. The neutral and light wood, white accents and stacked bond subway tiles in the gourmet kitchen have a Modern Scandinavian influence.
With a compact footprint, generous living spaces and a permitted Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU), the main home includes 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and the ADU features a studio bedroom with a full bath, kitchen, and laundry. The flexibility an ADU offers makes this home perfect for multi-generational families, a live-in caregiver or optimizing income potential. The second garage bay has an RV door to accommodate a Sprinter van or camper. Additionally, solar panels have been installed on the flat roof have to offset 100% of annual electricity usage.
The stream-lined metal roof, a mix of siding types and gorgeous exposed wood posts and beams on the exterior make for an impressive curb appeal! This light-filled, super-efficient contemporary home will be the envy of the neighborhood. We’ve shown that contemporary homes can be built with sustainability in mind, using eco-friendly materials and green building techniques.
- EA Platinum
- EA Zero Energy
- Main house: 2159 SF
- ADU: 439 SF
- Garages: 737 SF
- 2×8 exterior walls with staggered studs
- Blown-in-blanket wall insulation.
- EPS air seal
- induction cooking
- Ductless mini-split HVAC
- (ERV) Energy Recovery Ventilator with HEPA filtration
- White Oak Hardwood floors throughout
- Handmade tile in bathrooms and kitchen
- Custom floating staircase with white oak wood treads and custom cable handrail.
- Expansive TREX deck and custom railing
- Gourmet kitchen with induction cooking, quartz countertops, farm sink, and pantry
- Primary spa-like walk-in shower with floor-to-ceiling handmade tile with dual rain head showers and window for natural light.
- Heated floors in primary bath
- Contemporary tile corner gas fireplace
- 8 foot doors throughout the home.
- Andersen windows
- Over-sized RV Garage
- Attached ADU (Accessory Dwelling Unit) with separate entrance.
View Our Portfolio