Eco-Conscious Mid-century Modern with Detached Home Office
Location: Bend, Oregon
Beautiful views and a great location! This homesite features unobstructed Cascade Mountain views, endless blue skies and is only minutes from both Sisters and Bend. Beautifully designed single level custom built Solaire home is an eco-conscious midcentury modern style with a detached generous shop space for its wood-working homeowner. Completed in 2020, this net zero energy home was meticulously thought out and designed by the homeowners as their legacy retirement residence that will be durable, healthy and cost effective in the long run.
2795 sq. feet
What makes a forever home? A home is more than just a house to live in. A home is a place that offers safety, comfort, warmth, and familiarity. How a home makes us feel is almost intangible. A forever home is essentially a family home – where people will watch their families grow and then retire into. It needs to be somewhere that can handle any changes life throws at it, so accessibility must be part of the intentional design. With Solaire Homebuilder’s five pillars of design: Comfort, Health, Savings, Durability and Sustainability, our homeowners can rest assured that their home checks all the right boxes.
A tour of this Earth Advantage Platinum certified 2795 square foot home offers treats for the senses with mountain and desert landscapes and for the body with warmth, comfort, bountiful natural sunlight, and rooms that flow seamlessly from one to the next. Vaulted ceilings with exposed timber beams are over the living room, dining room, and kitchen. Architectural elegance includes dry stacked stone and cedar accent walls with expansive views from the energy-efficient Andersen 100 series windows. The four bedrooms (two are used as offices) and two bathrooms are on a single level with ADA universal design features.
Taking advantage of the home’s southwest orientation, passive sunlight passes through the high-efficiency windows on the view side, but extended eaves and exterior solar shades block 95% of the heat from sunlight from crossing into the building. In the winter, the shades remain up/open to harness the sun’s abundance of natural warmth. Heat pumps and ductless mini split HVAC system, an Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) and whole house HEPA keep the interior temperatures comfortable and the air quality clean.
The region’s abundant wilderness offers unparalleled hiking, biking, skiing, and more beyond this stunning private property. A perfect location for the homeowners and their lifelong love of hiking, camping, fishing, and all things outdoors. Three different dedicated outdoor areas around the exterior of the home were designed with the intention to guarantee a comfortable place to relax or entertain regardless of the time of year or weather. These areas feature a sitting alcove, a grill for outdoor cooking, a mobile firepit, and a chiminea to stay cozy year-round.
- Earth Advantage Zero Energy Certified
- Earth Advantage Platinum Certified
- Net Zero Energy
- 10” staggered stud exterior wall framing
- Blown-in-blanket insulation.
- ERV – Energy Recovery Ventilator with whole-house HEPA Filtration
- High- Efficiency Ductless mini split Heating/Cooling System
- Full Solar Array with TESLA Powerwall battery backup
- Energy efficient Anderson 100 windows
- Waterwise faucets, toilets, and shower heads
- Wide plank white oak finish in place hardwood floors throughout the home.
- Gourmet kitchen with white oak (no VOC’s) custom cabinetry, large island with prep sink, high-end Energy Star rated appliances: induction cooktop, combination wall oven, and micro convection oven.
- A large walk-in pantry – perfect for stockpiling a few weeks’ worth of groceries for country living.
- Primary Bedroom Suite with luxurious spa-like bathroom featuring a free-standing soaking tub, heated towel bars, curbless walk-in shower, and double sink vanity.
- Mudroom with custom built-in cabinetry and bench.
- Exposed wooden beams in vaulted ceiling.
- Expansive fireplace in the family room with wood beam mantel and dry stacked stone.
- 2020 COBA Tour of Homes: Green Building Award
- 2020 COBA Tour of Homes: Best Kitchen
- 2020 COBA Tour of Homes: Best Value
View Our Portfolio